Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Eclipse plugin stopped deploying application

Help people.

Im using Eclipse 3.4.1 with 4.3, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 BB simulators installed. Suddeny I no longer see my application in the simulator! Again!

The project has been set to be always active, system module and run on startup. I did clean.bat, clean from eclipse, build active BB configuration on nothing helps. I even tried copying files to simulator manually. I searched forums for solution but so far nothing has worked.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Eclipse plugin stopped deploying application

This is really tricky. Probably something went wrong with your workspace. Create a new empty workspace and try to create a simple hello world application, if it would deploy, then it is something with your workspace.

I had similar issues, maybe it is some required library missing or you forgot to check "Activate for BlackBerry" checkbox in the project properties.

New Developer

Thx for reply. I created new workspace over and over again. The hello world app does deploy but my app with same settins does not. Activate for blackberry is of course checked.

Highlighted
Developer

I once had exactly the same thing Smiley Happy But with my debugging issues, how many projects there are in workspace ? For me it started to act weirdly if projects had exactly the same package and class names. I had "MainApp" classes in each project, once I renamed them, everything worked ! Also what is the project type CLDC ?
New Developer

App type is CLDC and its the only app in worspace aside from Hello world. Class names and packages are completely different.

I deployed the application manually by copying .cod .cls and .cso files and it shows up in BB but I cannot debug it. Breakpoints are not being hit.

Developer

This is exactly the same problem I was getting few days ago here  but in your case I don't have any ideas how to solve it anymore.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

bjockov wrote:

Help people.

Im using Eclipse 3.4.1 with 4.3, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 BB simulators installed. Suddeny I no longer see my application in the simulator! Again!

The project has been set to be always active, system module and run on startup. I did clean.bat, clean from eclipse, build active BB configuration on nothing helps. I even tried copying files to simulator manually. I searched forums for solution but so far nothing has worked.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

If you have marked the application as aSystem Module you will no longer see an icon for the application.  System Modules do not have icons.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

My app has an alternate entry point which handles the icon.

The reason app wasnt deployed correctly is that eclipse plugin sometims did not build it correctly. It created around 20 .cod filed instead of usual 4. I solved the problem by using JDE on the same project to build it prior to starting debuggin session. Not a perfect solution but so far its the only one.