Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Eclipse plugin with svn

I am having problem using svn with the Blackberry Eclipse Plugin.  I have created a Blackberry workspace and then a Blackberry Project on my machine, then committed my code to the svn.  Now my co-worker is trying to check out the same project on his machine yet we constantly run into problems where it says the work place doesn't exist or other problems.  Is there a guide or something that can tell me how exactly can I share and what I need to share on the svn so another person can just check out the code and continue to work on the project? 

This should be eazy but doesn't seem to be

Developer

Re: Eclipse plugin with svn

What version of eclipse are you running and what SVN plug-in do you have? 

Are your jdp files pushed into SVN as well?  It's like the .project file for regular Eclipse projects.

New Developer

I am using the Eclipse Europa v3.3.2 with the Blackberry beta release plugin.  The SVN plug-in i am using is subclipse and yes i committed the blackberry workplace as well.  Yet when others check it out, there is always an error regarding files don't exist or something wrong with the path.  I suspect that it has to do with the place(path) where i created my workplace and project which is different than whoever is checking the project out? 

Shouldn't this be pretty easy?

Developer

I'm currently using Eclipse Ganymede (3.4.1) with the latest BlackBerry plugin (1.0.0.50).  I remember that the last iteration of the plugin had a "create blackberry workspace" option as well as a "create blackberry project".  The latest one does away with the "workspace" option and connects more easily with eclipse.  Could it be that you're using an older version?  Just a shot in the dark.
Developer
My Device: Passport

The Eclipse plugin in its current version acts like no one at RIM ever tested it on anything but completely standalone projects.  There are many ways it will act completely bonkers on an SVN project.  Thankfully, between these forums and some support E-Mails to RIM (some written by me), they know about the issues in reproducible detail.

The good news is that I've found some useable workarounds.  I strongly recommend you read the setup page I created for my own project here:

http://www.logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail/wiki/development

My project uses SVN, so chances are that your setup approach will be nearly identical (asside from a different repo, etc.).  I documented the strange workarounds, along with some other issues I've run into.

Highlighted
New Developer

thanks dk, i'll def try it out