Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Eclipse will not compile - but no errors in the code

I just downloaded the combined Eclipse + BB Plugin installer and am running the demos.

Unfortunately, I am not able to compile any of the demos or a simple new Hello World app. In Project I am choosing "Build current Blackberry Configuration" and in the Console it says nothing. No jad or cod file is generated. No errors. There is no difference if I clean or not.

Is there a step I am missing? Any help would be great. I'm itching to start developing asap!

Thank you.

Highlighted
New Developer

Re: Eclipse will not compile - but no errors in the code

Check whether there is a tick for "activete for blackberry"

in eclips package explor right click the project. select  "activete for blackberry"

If this is not tick eclips will not colmpile the project

New Developer

Yes, thank you this solved my problem.I am compiling all the projects I started yesterday now.

But I could not find documentation where this set up is mentioned. Can you please point me to some documentation where the correct setup is explained?

New Developer
My Device: Pearl 8120

This is death by a thousand cuts... a thousand little issues that, in their own right are small, but in sum make the Blackberry development environment quite painful relative to iPhone and Android...

</rant>