01-15-2010 03:23 PM
seems like i reached a point in my code where if i add more classes or files to my project, it wont build anymore. Which means any new changes just wont compile and copy over to the simulator. There are no errors in my project, but i think Eclipse just wont show them. I'm not sure what to do, i have redone the proejct 4 or 5 times and added all the files back to new empy projects, same issue. It simply gets to the point where if i add an emply class with any name, it just stops building from that point forward. Has anyone expierence this and could lend some tips to discover the problem?
01-15-2010 03:54 PM
seems simialr to this issue
but i cant sovle it, 71 class files is OK, 72 wont build, no matter which ones i delete or add.
01-15-2010 06:27 PM
Kept researching the problem, even tried to rebuild the app in the RIM JDE with no success.... I kept finding more people with issues relating to I/O errors that pertained to an environment variable that was not set correctly called "PATH" and the value should point to the java bin dir. Of course i did not even have that variable set in Windows, much less the correct value. I added it with the dir "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\bin" which seemed to work. I can compile and run past my arbitrary 72 class file limit now. The interesting thing now is if i remove the path, Eclipse wont even start, it just gives me an error, so its a mystery as to how it worked before.
In any event, granted, microsoft might be proprietary, but man o man is Visual Studio ever less frustrating to work in.
01-16-2010 12:34 AM - edited 01-16-2010 12:36 AM
Not sure if this helps but I've run into two things that have caused similar types of "roadblocks".
1) cod size - I had issues before when a large cod gets past a certain size (around 5 megs). I ended up just removing some stuff that I didn't really need to get around it.
2) xml files - I've found in some cases if I have an xml file that didn't have a dtd or was otherwise not validatable, that my project won't build, I just get a NullPointerException out of nowhere in the log and that's it. What's even worse is that an xml file doesn't even have to end in .xml for it to automatically try to validate. Even in some cases where I forced xml validation off, it still wouldn't let me build.
04-11-2011 03:30 AM