Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: nil

Edit Field single line and horizontal scroll

[ Edited ]

I need a custom editfield with single line and horizontal scroll

How can i form such a custom behavior??

Any help plss...

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Edit Field single line and horizontal scroll

Don't they do this be default?

Regardless, I had to make one that emulated this behavoir by having an EditField enclosed in a Manager that listend for key events and would widen the field as needed. The Manager itself was scrollable based on the size of the EditField.

Regular Contributor
My Device: nil

can you please post a sample code in which the edit field lengthens based on the text entered.

I have seen some samples which adds an editfield to a Verticalfield manager and handling scrolling. But i dont know how can we handle the edit field width programmatically to control scrolling???

Can you please clarify on this?? 

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Are you familiar with the knowledge base of this forum? The Webmasters at RIM are not very good at promoting it, but at least search on this forum also brings up articles from there.

Anyway - here is the artcile which shows how to solve your exact problem. Be sure to read the comments there - they show some enhancement ideas:

Scrollable one-line text input field

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!