Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Emoticons Blackberry

Guys, Anyone found a solution or a workaround for the emoticons in Blackberry? I have spent a lot of time designing a custom field that will implement this but so many problems still exist that cannot be solved. Anyone has found something for this topic? Please help here

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Emoticons Blackberry

see
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Can-anyone-guide-me-to-create-emoticon-textb...
and
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/access-to-bbm-emoticon/m-p/1154037#M162097
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply simon. This is a known issue for blackberry and I started several posts for this topic without ending with a suitable solution. Well my approach is to do the editfield and have a dialog that will add an emoticon and not replace characters. I add the emoticon and recalculate the X and Y for all the emoticons once an event occurs on the edit field. I am pretty sure this is the only way to do that. Whatsapp don't use fonts because I copied their text into my own edit field and my edit field successfully replaced the emoticons. They are using drawings

The font can't load colored images too, so no font is used. Well my edit field is finished and the selection works like a charm. The problem is when there are several characters in the edit field with at least 6 emoticons, the edit field will become unresposive. This is a serious problem so it should be fixed.

If you want I can share my method with you and come up with a solution. But I am asking if there is anything else then drawing them with our hands, any other method or work around.

Well maybe someone from RIM may help us or just give us some clues. I don't know but they have to fix this because a lot of people are suffering from it

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i would welcome the chance to look at your code, sure.
i have escalated the issue with the several channels i have available, and there was no solution for it.

i did not look into the BBM-approach yet, dunno if one could use the screen for an own application.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: engineer

hi pals,

Can help me with the same problem, i would to see the code for help us