Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold, Curve
Accepted Solution

Enabling Switch Application

After looking a lot of post regarding how to remove the Switch Application context menu item, I have an application that doesn't show it at all, and I want it to be displayed.

I have a super class called (Abstract btw) BaseScreen that overrides the makeContextMenu method invoking the super class method.

protected void makeMenu(Menu menu, int instance) {

super.makeMenu(menu, instance);

}

And my screens inherit from BaseScreen, and they also overrides that method, and invoking finally the super method

protected void makeMenu(Menu menu, int instance) {

menu.add(myMenuItem);

super.makeMenu(menu, instance);

}

But I only see the Close menu item. And want to support the Switch Application menu item.

Have anyone experienced this?

I'm working with Bold 9000 (4.6) and Curve 8310 (4.5) and I see the same behavior.

Thanks,

-f4

----

Franklin Garcia
Senior Software Java Developer
Schematic
Costa Rica
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Enabling Switch Application

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/add-quot-switch-application-quot-menu-item-i...

If you look at the second post from MSohm he states that the Switch Application menu item was introduced in 4.7. Thus you won't see it on the Bold 9000 and Curve 8310.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.