Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Encryption and Protection of SQLite database - Signing App with Blackberry Signature Tool

Hi

I am trying to encrypt and protect my SQLite database. For that I generated a public/private key pair using the Blackberry Signing Authority Tool. I then added the public .key file to my project and wrote code for the encryption and protection of the database. Then I signed the app with Blackberry Signing Authority Tool as was mentioned in the documentation. It was signed properly. But my app is not working on device. It shows that my app is attempting to access a secure API which means it not signed properly.

What could be the issue ?

And also I want to know what is the difference between signing the app by "Signature Tool" from within the Eclipse and signing the app with "Blackberry Signing Authority Tool' ?

I was signing my app with "Signature Tool" from the Eclipse itself before adding public .key file and it was working fine.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Encryption and Protection of SQLite database - Signing App with Blackberry Signature Tool

you have to sign it with both.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor

Re: Encryption and Protection of SQLite database - Signing App with Blackberry Signature Tool

Thanks.. It worked.. I am getting ControlledAccessException while encryting database. Can you please suggest on that ? I posting a new thread for that.

Contributor