08-10-2010 01:11 PM
I'm having all my customers report that they are getting Error 907 - Invalid COD when they try to download my game.
I've browsed for a while and there appear to be 2 reasons why this happens. However neither fixes my issues. Can anyone else help?
1) Change IE to default browser:
2) The file size is larger than 64k. Doing the math, 64k = 65536 bytes. So long as I'm within this, I should be fine, right? My file size is close, but smaller. Here's the output of my .JAD file:
MIDlet-Description: 300 new questions about celebrities & hollywood for MobileQs trivia
MIDlet-Vendor: MobileQs | FanWide LLC
Thanks for any additional suggestions!
08-10-2010 01:44 PM - edited 08-10-2010 01:47 PM
try to rename your cod file with zip extension and try extracting the files from it, if you see more than one file in your extracts, then there is possibiliy that your jad file does not have proper details.
08-10-2010 01:49 PM
I see two cod files here. Try to open your cod with WinZip or WinRar, inside should be two cod files. Unzip those in the same dir as the jad file and you should be ok
08-10-2010 02:05 PM
I missed that.
Generally I follow below approach.
1. Rename cod file to zip extension. extract the files from zip
2. you see Celeb.cod and Celeb-1.cod
3. rename Celeb.cod to Celeb-0.cod
4. Modify jad file accordingly
08-12-2010 12:03 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. Unfotuantely repackaging/zipping didn't work.
I was able to fix the issue by shrinking my 1 file into 2 smaller file which linked to each other. I was then able to get rid of this problem.
BlackBerry simulators do not test for this error with large files. The information on the BlackBerry site is inaccurate as it says it suports 64KB, when really it suports a little over 63KB.