Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Error compiling sample from JDE 4.2.1

Hi

I'm getting this error compiling the desktop sample for JDE 4.2.1:

Error    1    fatal error C1189: #error :  _WIN32_WINNT settings conflicts with _WIN32_IE setting    c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\sdkddkver.h    217    Desktop

Anyone knows what it means? I checked the header file (which appears to be part of the Windows SDK, not the BlackBerry JDE) and it's checking for older than Windows 2000 and IE greater than 6, I have IE8 but Windows XP, so it shouldn't fail that check.

Not sure if I should be asking this on the MSDN forums instead as it pertains to the Windows SDK, but it doesn't happen when I compile other applications. I'm using VS2008.

I know this is a Java forum, but there isn't a C++ one.

Thanks

Give kudos if somebody helps you, also mark accepted if it solves your problem. Search first, then post. Please respect RFC-1855 when posting on forums.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error compiling sample from JDE 4.2.1

I don't think this error is generated because of Blackberry JDE.

Here is a link from msdn forum regarding this error.

Regards

Bikas

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: Error compiling sample from JDE 4.2.1

Hmm, thanks for that info, appears to be very useful though it's gonna take me a while to read through and understand it.

I notice they mention about a problem in stdafx.h, but stdafx.h is part of the project (in this case the desktop sample from the JDE), not sure why it wouldn't be set up properly to begin with, maybe I should have a look at the sample in a newer JDE. Also, I've found my VS2008 is a bit broken anyway so maybe I'll re-install that to start with.

Got some more questions about this actually, but I'll start a new thread as it's totally unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Give kudos if somebody helps you, also mark accepted if it solves your problem. Search first, then post. Please respect RFC-1855 when posting on forums.