Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: 2063103963

Error on SSL connection when server requests certificate from BB client.

Hi there;

I'm tryig to establish an SSL connection to a server I have developed.  Using a PC-based client written in C++ all goes well, but when I try to connect from my Java code on BB7, I get the following error message:

"No certificates with corresponding private keys could be found."

I have setup the server to request a certificate from the client - for my testing purposes, it happens to be the same certificate the server sends to the client.  This certificate has been installed on the BB - although it does indicate that the certificate is not trusted; even though it was issued through GoDaddy - a CA that the BB should trust.  When I tell the server NOT to ask for a client certificate, all goes well.  Its only when the server requests a certificate from the BB client that I get an error.

My Java connection code looks as follows:

SecureConnection sc = (SecureConnection) Connector.open("ssl://<my_server_dns>:16055;deviceside=true;interface=wifi", Connector.READ_WRITE);

Any thoughts... ?  Is there something I need to do on the BB end to tell it which certificate it must send to the server?  (This would be ideal frankly.)

TIA

ShaunB...

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Curve&Bold
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Error on SSL connection when server requests certificate from BB client.

Hi,

I have the same problem, open a secure connection on BlackBerry. I don't know ,How to add certificate to server connection code and how to verify the certificate? I have added my certificate to Device Keystore. ASAP Can you send sample code?

Thanks

Kannappan.