Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Error: "There is no connected BlackBerry device."

I am using the BB eclipse plugging from the site for development.

When I try to debug on the device, I get a "There is no connected blackberry device" error.

Note that the Device Manager is launched and it can "see" the connected device (Bold 9700). Also, I have been able to debug on device before using the same setup, but it appears not to be working anymore. I cannot think of any change I have made that could affect this.

I assume uninstalling Device Manager AND the phone drivers would fix this. Is there a way to uninstall all the drivers

Thank you

Regards

Ale

Frustrated junior BB de

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Error: "There is no connected BlackBerry device."

Sometimes when I get that error, I "repair" the usb and modem driver. Download here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&CPID=OTC... and try it

hope it works!

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

HI,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Unfortunately that didn't;t work.

However I uninstalled BB Desktop Sw and installed it again. (Previously uninstalled the driver as well).

I managed to debug on my device without even starting the desktop software. In fact it does not show on my desktop anymore...

So, for now this is fixed.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: AirTel

Hi,

If you are using windows 7 then go to the user setting  Control Panel - User Accounts - Your account (if more than one) -  Change User Account Control Settings - down slider to Never Notify - OK and restart PC