Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development


Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.


Reply
Highlighted
New Developer
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎05-15-2012
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Various

Re: Error starting Foo: Class 'net.rim.device.api.system.WLANListener' not found

I’ve finally discovered the problem after a lot of research and trial and error.


If the application is over 64kb in size rapc the Blackberry compiler splits the file into multiple files called sibling COD’s. The COD file that you see in the deliverables folder is actually a zip file containing the main COD file and all its siblings. They should all be 64kb or smaller although I have still seen the when first COD file is larger.

 

The fix is to make sure that you have no files in your project larger than 64kb. I had images that were larger although I have read that someone had a class that when compiled came to greater than 64kb causing issues, so they split the class up and solved the problem that they were having.

 

The symptoms were strange, I was getting an inconsistent compilation for different OS versions resulting in different strange issues for different devices, I was thinking at the time that it seemed like a linking issue, it seems like I wasn’t too far off. Thank you.