Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Various

Re: Error starting Foo: Class 'net.rim.device.api.system.WLANListener' not found

I’ve finally discovered the problem after a lot of research and trial and error.

If the application is over 64kb in size rapc the Blackberry compiler splits the file into multiple files called sibling COD’s. The COD file that you see in the deliverables folder is actually a zip file containing the main COD file and all its siblings. They should all be 64kb or smaller although I have still seen the when first COD file is larger.

The fix is to make sure that you have no files in your project larger than 64kb. I had images that were larger although I have read that someone had a class that when compiled came to greater than 64kb causing issues, so they split the class up and solved the problem that they were having.

The symptoms were strange, I was getting an inconsistent compilation for different OS versions resulting in different strange issues for different devices, I was thinking at the time that it seemed like a linking issue, it seems like I wasn’t too far off. Thank you.