Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Curve 8330

Excellent Idea Run With It

This is a great idea, Im also an seo expert, and web design too, I would be willing to do my part and help.

We should develop a website just like FLASHKIT, for newbie blackberry developers, they can download working samples for bb JDK, Breeze, Eclipse, Ect I bet if we did this, the blackberry apps would explode and get better and better.

What do you think? Simple, Great Idea, or Not Useful will suffice.

Sincerely Casey
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Excellent Idea Run With It

Interesting.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I've been pondering this (see PM).  I'm not exactly sure what the original poster had in mind, and I'm not familiar with Flashkit, so thought it would be useful to indicate what I think would be useful to have. 

The general idea is to give developers access to samples and tutorials, written by fellow developers.  Signed in developers should be allowed to contribute, and comment on other contributions.  Contributions should be searchable.

This would give us a place where we could put sample code (e.g. code to put an icon and some Text on the same line, a frequently requested UI look) once, and people could find it.

It would also give us a place where we could put tutorials to cover the places that the RIM stuff does not reach. 

In practice, I would like this to be resource that significantly reduced the repeated questions and posts on this forum.  In addition, it would be a place where fellow developers could show off their skill and help other developers.  Not a question and answer forum, but a series of completed (but editable by moderator and original contributors) articles and samples.

I think this would be the logical home of some of the Sticky Threads on this forum. 

It may be that something like this already exists, but I have not found it.

Now the question is who should run this?  In practice, I'd like RIM to run this, in a hands-off fashion like they do the forums.  I think that if anyone non RIM runs it, they will need to find some sort of income from it, which could compromise the integrity.

OK - now that I have spelled out what I am looking for, would the original poster like to comment as to whether his vision matches this?  Would other posters like to comment on what they would like to see or whether my vision matches theirs?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Completely agree with Peter.

Regards

Bikas