Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Exception during autostart Process

Hello,

We have developed a Java Application for Blackberry that should autostart during Tier 7. Now sometimes when we install the application, after the installation process is finished, we get a message from the device saying that an uncaught exception occurred because no entry point could be found for the application. the application can be started manually y clicking on the the icon of the application in the downloads folder, so tehre is definitely an entry point present. 

Can anybody tell me why that exception occurs? We are building our application via the ant tasks for Blackberry, downloaded from Sourceforge. 

Best regards, Martin Schmidt. 

Developer

Re: Exception during autostart Process

How are you installing the application (e.g., web OTA dowload, JavaLoader, Desktop Manager, BES OTA Push).

New Developer

Hi,

My requirement is that application should start as soon as installation is completed.

some of the posts says to "Set the application for auto Start"

How to set the same?

Environment:

Application is J2ME and is installed using javaloader.

The application is not specific to blackberry.

Any pointers to solution?

Highlighted
Developer

If you build using the RIM JDE (and I presume Eclipse with the BlackBerry plug-in) you will see a project attribute you can set to autostart. That is what the posts refer to.

I'm not sure how you can set this attribute without using either of these, nor am I sure exactly where this attribute is specified or ends up. 

If I had to look somewhere, I would look at a the RAPC parameters.  This is because I presume this attribute is part of the downloaded cod file since it works however the application is loaded, so can't be an attribute in the jad. 

Hope this helps.