Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: FaceBook API error code 11 (Method Deprecated)

Code is not supported by RIM. Correct for BB SDK library. But it's not their issue Smiley Happy

Before FB will change their auth page almost noone on BB could use FB authorization.

Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: movistar

Hi Eugen,

I need to make it work in 8520, so you say that if I change de user agent to iPhone it will work?
COuld you tell me please how to do that? I have the Strawberry code.

Thanks!
Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: movistar

Developer
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: compny

Hi

could you explain how to change iphone user agent.

Developer

BBSuperApps:
Unfortunately 8520 with latest OS doesn't work with this approach.

All:

To give a fix at least for some device. Add this lines in BrowserScreen constructor:

bfc.setProperty(BrowserFieldConfig.ENABLE_COOKIES, Boolean.TRUE);
bfc.setProperty(BrowserFieldConfig.USER_AGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16");

Developer

Does anyone get it wokring?

ZMW
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Du

This really reflects NEGATIVELY on RIM. What's the use of all this PR when something so ESSENTIAL goes unnoticed!?

It is not flattering either for RIM that they are ignored like this by Facebook!!

When we noticed that the Facebook SDK was not reliable (a while back) we went another route - I don't claim that this was or was not a wise choice. We externalized the entire FB OAuth process to "browserSession.displayPage(.." where browserSession is a BrowserSession object. In other words, we launched the browser outside of our application (and if you're wondering what we do to get back to the app the answer is we used BrowserContentProvider). Things worked fine.

That is until Facebook introduced this most recent change - when it disabled content type = wap. So it is NOT AN APPLICATION ISSUE. It is a Blackberry Browser/Facebook issue. And one would think that RIM is on top of it!?!

We were just about to launch after a very lengthy development process. But I am not sure now whether I should be happy or sad that this occurred at this time. In any case, it really leads me to question if we are doing the right thing by insisting on publishing a Blackberry version of our app - in addition to the IPhone version we already published and instead of Android!

Some body needs to wake RIM up.. This issue implies that BB apps cannot integrate with FB - in this day and age this is a cause for real concern!

Now. Here's my question. Would this be the correct way to implement the suggested workaround? I tried it but thus far does not seem to work:

HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
headers.setProperty(HttpHeaders.HEADER_USER_AGENT,
"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16");
browserSession.displayPage(...

Regards

ZMW

Developer

Hey! Nice to see you in my boat.

Unfortunately nor RIM, not Facebook didn't react as expected.

The current issue blocks all thirdparty apps that are using FB authorization.

About your question. You could try, but because there are several redirections I don't know how browser will behave.

We are showing BrowserField inside application, so we could control it much better.

Developer

Also could you flag FB issue as reproduced. I hope it will give more attention from FB side.

https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/401534949883394?browse=search_4ffad6fdebcfa6990918340

ZMW
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Du

Thanks for the clarification. I will also try to flag the issue hoping that someone will  notice.

How ironic, though, that BB developers are trying to disguise their work as an IPhone to get by!?!