Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Tsel

Facebook SDK Problem with 9900 Simulator

Hi,

I was used Facebook SDK 0.8.24 at my apps for OS 6 and OS 5. It works great.

And now I'm preparing my apps for BlackBerry 9900 OS 7.

I have problem using Facebook SDK with 9900 Simulator, and then I try to use the updated SDK 0.8.25 from sourceforge.

On the 9900 Simulator, it stuck at the "Connecting to facebook..." screen and that's it, it never pass that page. I can't even entering facebook login page.

Does anyone has similar experience and have a workaround for this?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Facebook SDK Problem with 9900 Simulator

Launch MDS before. This should help Smiley Happy

Eugen

New Developer

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunatelly no, I tried it with and without MDS. Sometimes it stucks and sometimes there's an exception raised when I hit the back button, - don't remember exactly the exception right now. I'll update with the exception right after I reach home and turn on my computer Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telefonica

Hi, 

Maybe this can help you : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Facebook-SDK-not-working-from-2-days/td-p/12...

there you can find some code.

ps: sorry for my english.

Good luck.

New Developer

Hi,

I got "Unable to refresh the Access Token"when I hit the back button after a long wait at the "Connecting to Facebook" screen. If I didn't do anything at that screen, it keep running without redirecting or anything.

Today I'll try the code from the other thread, I'll report any updates on this thread. Thanks.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi,

I have the same problem with you. But I'm not using facebook SDK here, I'm just preparing on Blackberry OS 7 with new SDK for OS 7 and 9930 simulator.

The application works just fine on OS 5 and 6.

Then when I try the application for OS 7, seems like it's not getting the data back from json (I'm using json for parsing the data) and keep loading without any result. Is there any differences in developing OS 6 and 7?

New Developer

One thing that I notice about 

Hi All,

After 2 days i have no luck with the simulator, so I try to build my apps and run it at the real device.

It works on the real device. I have another problem when it run on real device, logout() seems not working on my 9900 device.

At my apps, i put logout() before closing the apps, but  in this device, my apps still keep my facebook cookies/session even after I close the apps.

Does anyone facing this logout problem?

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB7 - BB10
My Carrier: Developer

Hi,

I do have the same problem with logout on OS 7.0

I see that when I try to logout, the app send the logout request but the answer isn't  as expected. It seems to be a Facebook page!!

The error looks like a redirect problem on 7.0 browser field, but I'm still investigating....

ezanella