Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Simulator
Accepted Solution

Facebook login Integration

Hi

In my application, i need to allow the users those who have FB login. As far my findings, few forums are saying like

1) need to add the browser field and call the URL based on that.

(or)

2)  Have to install BB FB SDK and code to connect FB.

My requirement is only login credentials of FB. i dont need the "like/Image/Wall" nothing else. Can anyone plz provide me the steps to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Facebook login Integration

In order to authenticate against Facebook you would need to use the APIs provided by Facebook to complete the authentication. The Facebook SDK for BlackBerry may make this easier for you:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/started/facebook.jsp

Apart from that you can look to leverage the Facebook APIs directly yourself:

http://developers.facebook.com/

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Simulator

Thanks alot gbeukeboom. I downloaded the FB SDK and successfully authenticated. Thanks again

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: LOOP

Hi Spradeesh,

I am also using Face SDk for blackberry. when i use it in my project as per instructions given in the PDF, as i click on the App Icon in BB simulator, i get this error " Uncaught Exception : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError " ......

And m not able to figure out why such an error as there is no compilation error. I am agitated since a  week now ad dont understand where should i proceed.. If you can help plzzz...

Regards,

Alvin