Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Facebook sdk not working over 3g

Guys, 

I have integrated facebook sdk with my app. It works fine on wi-fi although it doesnt work on 3g. Does any one know what i can do to fix it please?

Developer

Re: Facebook sdk not working over 3g

I read about this, and it seems the connectionfactory sets, wifi and direct tcp as preferred transport types. I tried to do setTransporttypes(null) in both Facebook class and Browser screen but that didnt help, I am a bit lost. can any one help please?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"it doesnt work on 3g"

How does it fail?  What exception do you see?

Do you set the allowed transport types correctly - I think these are defined in Facebook.java. 

What connection method is it actually using when it fails?

Developer

peter_strange wrote:

"it doesnt work on 3g"

How does it fail?  What exception do you see?

Do you set the allowed transport types correctly - I think these are defined in Facebook.java. 

What connection method is it actually using when it fails?

When i use wifi the browser screen displays the login page.

When i use 3g connection (mds-p****) the browser screen just stays on "connecting to facebook" . 

I set the settransporttypes to null in both Facebook.java and browserscreen.java so it allows all transport types. I was hoping that client would then use the mds-p**** equivalent in transport class to connect to the facebook page. 

I shall debug to find out what transport type it is currently trying to use.

Is there a quick fix i can do so the app connects to facebook using "mds-p****" :-)