Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

File not Found and Access Denied errors

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I installed JDE as described in KB article.. After running JDE software an error message pops up every minute:

"Error - Blackberry Java Development Environment

Java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin\Settings\rc (Zugriff verweigert)"

I tried to ignore it, but when I then tried to "build all and run" another error occurs:

"Building ClkView

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import="..\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=ClkView ClkView.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400 "C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\src\4.2 plus\BrowserSessionFactory.java" "C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\src\4.2 plus\ServiceRecordHelper.java" "C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\src\4.2 plus\WebIcon.java" "C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\src\4.2 plus\BlackBerryWebIcon.java" C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\images\ClikView1.png C:\Users\tester\Desktop\BB_WebIcon\images\ClikView2.png

I/O Error: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden Error while building project"

Can it be the software has problems with German Windows? Becaus in German there is no "Program Files" only a folder "Programme". But you cannot create a folder named "Program Files" because Windows recognized that there alreade i the "Programme" folder.

My system is:

Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 Bit

Can you please help me?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: File not Found and Access Denied errors

hello whfranz2001,

is there a reason why you want to use JDE 4.2.1? If you are just starting development i would strongly suggest to use eclipse+plugin.

and even if you really want to use the JDE (which i also do for the few projects that still have a 4.2.1 base) i write the code in eclipse and only use the jde to compile.

your first problem is most likely related to UAC and/or permissions. i installed my JDEs (8 different installations) on c:\jde to avoid these problems.

the second problem is most likely related to a faulty PATH setting as your computer does not know where to find "javac".

p.s.
if you are more comfortable with German you can also ask here:
http://www.blackberry-forum.de/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=1005
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

>>is there a reason why you want to use JDE 4.2.1<<

I am an absolute beginner and I am asked to develop a simple App that just opens an URL. Therfore I asked BlackBerry Customer Support  for the best way to do this and I got the advice to do it as described here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Web-Icon-From-Start-to-Finish/ta...

In this article JDE is used and it is said that 4.2 supports all Blackberry Versions greater 4.2.

I do not think that I will develop any apps in future and therefore I was happy to get this step by step advice.....

is there also a step by step "how to" for eclipse+plugin?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

this should help you out:
https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/java/

the JDE is outdated, and even back then it was a bad IDE, even some text editors have better development support.
eclipse+plugin contains a lot of samples, and you should find plenty of resources on the page linked above.

i actually developed such an app (that opens an URL) once before these forums were existing, it is indeed a quite simple task, don't make it more complicated by using the JDE.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter