Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FileSystemJournalListener and Camera Invoke. URGENT

[ Edited ]

OK.  Can you tell us the device and OS levels involved?  Don't think we have had this information but I might have missed it.

Edit:  Had not seen the ContrlledAccessException Post before posting this.  Would still like to knoiw but can you tell us exactly which line is throwing this?

New Developer

peter the OS involved is 4.6, 5.0 and 6.0 ... it is not a problem of OS. It's a problem of permissions.

How can i change permissions on the device without notifying the user that permissions are changed? 

Developer

[ Edited ]

"How can I change permissions on the device without notifying the user that permissions are changed? !

I am not aware of a way of changing the permissions on the device without the user being involved, unless the device is a corporate one, in which case it is possible to set these sorts of things from the BES.

It is certainly possible to check them and alert the user if permission has not been granted. 

This is not an area of expertise, search the forum for further information.   There is a good KB article/video from memory too. 

Developer

Below code is trrowing a ControlledAccessExpction in my app

EventInjector.KeyEvent inject = new EventInjector.KeyEvent(EventInjector.KeyEvent.KEY_DOWN, Characters.ESCAPE, 0);
			inject.post();

Any idea how tp prevent this exception on real device.I am ok, if the user is involved in setting up the permisions.

Also, if user is not to be involved, then which IT policy do i need to work on?

regards,

Abhijit Chandekar

Developer

Highlighted
Developer

Sure Peter.Thanks.I amreked that thread as resolved.