Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: blackberry developer
Accepted Solution

FlowFieldManager focused index issue

I have a FlowField manager where i am adding a vfm which contains bitmapfield n labelfield.Now i add 5 vfms into ffm using for loop.I have put touchEvent on vfm.I want that if the 5th vfm is clicked,touchEvent should execute one thing and for the rest 4 vfm clicks,click functionality should be same.So i have tried to get the focused index when i click

gridVw.getFieldWithFocusIndex()

The problem i am facing is that if i click on the 5th vfm first,i get the value as 5,but thereafter if i click any other vfms,i get 5 only instead of getting the respective index.Please help

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FlowFieldManager focused index issue

Are your BitmapFields and LabelField focusable?

If not, then focus may never go into the other VFMs.

Otherwise, please create a simple example that you can paste in here that will work for us, and we can test what you are doing.  Remember by simple example, this means it does not use any of your special classes or images, it should just use standard stuff.  When creating sample code like this, for Bitmaps, look at the Bitmap.getPredefinedBitmap(..) method. 

Developer
My Device: na
My Carrier: blackberry developer

hey the mistake was from my side of handling touchEvents,i fixed it though Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

To save people wasting time responding to posts, I suggest to update them, and mark them solved ASAP.