Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: pearl8100
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

For testing in device how can we include library file

Hi,

I have some doubts.I am running my application in ksoap2.While i testing in device.Connection is not getting done.How can we include library files with application in device.Please can somebody help in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: For testing in device how can we include library file

Can you clarify this question a little.

What library files are you talking about?

And what do you mean by "Connection is not getting done".  Are you saying that the http calls are not processing, or kSoap is not present so your application is failing?

I suggest that you debug on the device and watch what happens when you try to use kSoap.  I'm guessing there is some exception that you are not seeing.  Finding out what that is will I suspect, help you determine what the problem is

Developer

Hi,

Just to make sure, is the app in the simulator? Is the ksoap library integrated correctly.?

go thru the following for including third party library into your project....

http://www.craigagreen.com/index.php?/Blog/blackberry-and-net-webservice-tutorial-part-1.html

If the problem is in device:

1) Are you appending the proper suffix to the connection URL like "interface=wifi", "deviceside=true" and so on.

2) Did you mentioned the  APN settings correctly on the device?

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Developer

Hi,

Yes http calls are not processing.Because my ksoap is not present with my application.I want to add it to my application in device.So please say me.How can i add that library to my device to test my application

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer

Hi blanc,

While excuting in simulator .It worked perfectly since in project dependency option i have ticked ksoap2.But for testing in device how can i include it?

Developer

You must create a cod associated with your kSpoap library and add that to the device.

This question has been asked before, rather than repeat the information, I suggest you search the forum for further help.  Come back to us if you can't find anything. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I tried by installing the file to device.But even though i am getting the same error as i said above.IT says those classes are not found when i attach in debugger and run the application.I have signed even ksoap2 file too.Wat can be done still?

Developer

How have you loaded the cod on the device?

Have you checked in Options-->Advanced-->Applications, menu item "Modules" to confirm if the module is loaded. 

Developer

Hi,

yes i checked so only.

Developer

Sorry, you haven't told us how you loaded the kSpoap cod.  Also did you check the kSoap module?   Is this signed?  Does the module date on the device match what you expect.