Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: pearl8100
My Carrier: airtel

Re: For testing in device how can we include library file

Hi,

So now if i put in device i dont need to put ksoap2 cod files in it ? is it so?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not sure what you are asking.  If you include the kSoap cod in with your application, then it will be downloaded with your application and that is all the user will install.

Developer

Hi,

ok will test and get back to u.Thanks peter for ur full support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer

Hi,

Now i am getting void exception

Developer

More please.  Line it is failing on, full text of Exception, that sort of thing. 

I must admit I don't remember ever seeing a void exception. 

Developer

Hi,

It is not returning any other details.Please help me how can i see those.I am attaching direct debugging with device now.So no clue i get

Developer

"It is not returning any other details"

There is a lot more you can give us.  What you have done is like taking a car to the garage, handing over the keys and saying "its broken".  Would that give the mechanic any clues where to look?

What did you do to get into this state?, How is this message displayed?  What is output to the log file (ALT-L_G_L_G from the Home screen)? 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have did as u said with updatejad tool merging ksoap2.After that i debug my application by attaching to Debug-->attachto-->handheld.via this in JDE just i got void exception.

Thanks.I am getting Runtime Exception as

Blocking operation not permitted on event dispatch thread net_rim_cldc_12

Event threadCheck throws exception 0x5E2B

net_rim_cldc_io_tcp protocol <Private> 0x1AFA

net_rim_cldc_io_tcp protocol init 0x25

net_rim_cldc_io_tcp protocol openprim 0x1564

net_rim_cldc-13 RIMConnector <private> 0x92E3

net_rim_cldc-13  RIMConnector open 0X9014

net_rim_cldc-2 Connector

Like this lot is there

Developer

Yep that is lot more useful...

Blocking operation not permitted on event dispatch thread

is a pretty standard exception that you most commonly see when uses try to do network I/O from the Event Thread.  Given that you appear to be in the COnnector class, this is, I suspect, exactly what you are doing.  You must run network processing in a separate Thread.

There are loads and loads of posts about this problem.  Rather than repeat the information, I suggest that you search round.  You exception string should find many Threads with various bits of useful information. 

In addition, the httpdemo sample is a good example of doing network I/O that is not on the Event Thread.

In fact because this is a separate problem to the one that we started this Thread trying to solve (Missing library), I suggest that you mark this Thread as solved, do some research attempt to fix this problem, and if you have no luck, then start a new Thread.

Highlighted
Developer

Hi,

Thanks peter.Thanks lot.As you said i hope it is in UI thread have seprated and wrote let me check will that be problem.If it is problem will open separate thread thanks.