Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: _

Foreground app lost focus because it has no screens.

I made a simple application in blackberry. When i click on icon of application then its opening in simulator fine and but in mobile its giving "Foreground app lost focus because it has no screens." .

Can anyone suggest me for this.

Foreground app net.rim..device.apps.internal.applicationcontrol.T

rustApplicationManager@587e5 lost focus because it has no screens.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Foreground app lost focus because it has no screens.

[ Edited ]

and? does it have a screen?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Foreground app lost focus because it has no screens.

I suggest you debug on device to see why your application is not displaying the screen.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-Do-I-Debug-on-a-Live-Device/ta-p/446842

My immediate reaction is that there is a difference in the path between your processing on the Simulator and on the device, possibly because of some difference in the Security which causes some sort of exception.  Or it might be even simpler than that - have you actually built the application correctly for the level of POS on the device you are testing on.

If this doesn't help, please give us a lot more detail regarding the Simulator and OS level you have built for and are testing on, what what steps in your application actually execute correctly, where it fails and what exceptions you see.