Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Form submission with BrowserContent field

I have a BrowserContent field rending some HTML within my app.  Everything is fine with links - you select it, a menu appears and you can select "Get Link".  On the Storm, this also works for form buttons.

However, for the 9000, the "Get Link" option doesn't appear, rather you have "Select Mode" and "Page View".  To submit the form, what you end up having to do is select "Page View", grab the cursor and manually drag it back to the form submission button you already had highlighted, and the click.

Is this the way it is meant to work, or am I missing something?  This is a real inconvience, and I can't include it like this because the user wont' understand why a simple click doesn't submit the form.  Hell, it took me about 30 minutes to figure out I had to hit "Page View" and then use the cursor.

Is there any other way that I can submit a form without using the Page View/cursor method?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Form submission with BrowserContent field

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Do you see this behaviour with the BrowserFieldDemo sample that is included with the BlackBerry JDE.  What BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Form submission with BrowserContent field

Thanks very much for looking into this for me.  I will see if I can replicate this tomorrow with the BrowserFieldDemo to determine if it's my code or something more general and will let you know.