Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Formatting XML Message

Hi All,

i am new Blackberry Devlopment and i was just trying to push the Xml messages into lackberry device. the App reads Xml from APi i.e. server and display the information. I am facing few issues with XML formatiing and working iwth simulator. kindly help on this

1) How can we format Xml messages like display text in Next line and formatting data while displaying on device.

2) when i am trying to debug with simulator it disaply source not found in eclipse

3) what is length of log file that can stored in device. is there any size limit on the text

Abhijeet Singh
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Formatting XML Message

welcome to the support forums.

it would be best if you could limit your questions to one per thread, this makes it easier to mark issues as resolved and let others find your solutions.

regarding finding solutions, i suggest to use the search field on the top right. if you enter "xml" there you get a KB article http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Use-the-XML-Parser/ta-p/445210 that should be helpful.

source not found usually happens for classes from the API, ignore the message unless it displays for one of your own.

i am sure there are limits, but i have never reached them.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter