Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Free Internal and SD Card Memory Available Amount API's

Hi All,

I am using Audio Recording sample and storing the recorded file at below path:

file:///store/home/user/AudioRecordingTest.amr

What if, Amount of free memory available is not sufficient to store the recorded file.And SD car is''nt vailable too.

Will it throw some exception.Anybody have some idea about this.

I want to check free memory availble for internal memory first and if sufficinet memory is availble store it otherwise navigate to SD card path if SD card is availlabe and having suficint memory in it.

Can i have these checks on memory.

Please help.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Free Internal and SD Card Memory Available Amount API's

Have you tried using the Search facility (see Search box on top tight)?  I think at least some of your questions will have been asked previously and you should find answers.  For example:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-can-I-get-SD-Card-Memory-info/m-p/539884...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Available-Memory-With-Memory-API-Is-it-accur...

Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks Peter!I haven't serch here but search it on google.So did not get useful link from there.That's why posted here.

Anyways, for future i will take care of same thing and won't repeat it(by creting unnecasarry threads).

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No problem, not sure that the posted Threads answer your questions anyway, so check them and come back if not.