Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: From my native BB application, How to connect to Remote URL and call a webservice method to fetch the XML based result using Eclipse Version 3.7.2

what is myURL in your code?
Developer

Re: From my native BB application, How to connect to Remote URL and call a webservice method to fetch the XML based result using Eclipse Version 3.7.2

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

@developer_aman_arora - Why didn't you just give that URL earlier?

Developer
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Airtel

Still getting the below thing on Output Console...

[0.0] VM:ISVt=0,h=1a6b,id=d15a33128dfbb5d9
[0.0] VM:LNTDa=commit,t=1,p=net_rim_services_impl
[0.0] Refreshing connection on send 0
[0.0] Running refresh on GPAK DATA
[0.0] Local port: 19780
[0.0] APN: 'rim.net.gprs'
[0.0] APN username: 'null'
[0.0] APN password: 'null'
[0.0] Connection does not exist
[0.0] Detected information for a GPAK connection
[0.0] Refreshing connection on GPAK status
[0.0] Running refresh on GPAK GCMP

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Here is another link to explain what we mean by connection suffix:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

The best code I have found (but it is not simple) to get a connection suffix is in here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/What-Is-Network-API-alternative-for-legacy-O...

In this case, the log suggests that you are attempting to use carrier TCP or direct TCP, which you do by appending ";deviceside=true".  This may also be the default if you specify nothing.  You can use this, provided your mobile device has APN parameters specified that are correct for your carrier.  Check what you carrier is, see if you can find APN parameters for this carrier and input these in the TCP options for your phone. 

Highlighted
Developer

U r using simulator try once in device and see whether the code u r using working or not....