Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Frustrations posting to this forum

Is this just me?

Lately, when I attempt to reply to Threads on this forum, I will get up the reply box, start typing in it, and then a number of things will happen:

a) Focus will move off the reply box onto somewhere else, typically the post I'm replying to, and my input will be ignored until I notice this.

b) The input screen will close, returning me to the original Thread, completely ignoring the text I have typed in

c) The input screen will save my input (partial reply) as a response even though I have not pressed Post

d) The screen will "lock up" and I can't get focus back to the edit box with out scrolling round.  Scrolling works, but 'clicking' in the edit box does nothing useful until I have scrolled round.

I have to say this is really frustrating.  I get a train of thought sorted out, start responding to a POST and, bang, its gone or stopped or missed what I've just typed in.

If I want to make sure this does not happen, I wait till I think the page is completely loaded, then scroll around the input screen to make sure it is all loaded, then start replying.  Which takes ages, for no apparent reason.  How difficult is it for Lithium to create this format?

I'm on a reasonable ADSL line, running Win XP on a good dual core processor with enough memory, with I.E. 8, antivirus scanned, and all updates applied.  I've noticed this only in the last few days, though it could have started earlier than that (I've been away).  I notice this regardless of what else I am running, and have not installed any software in the last 2 weeks  And it does not seem to time of day dependent, so I'm not sure it is related to the load on the RIM Servers. 

Anyone else see this?

Also can I turn autosave off?  If I want to save a partial post I will do that myself.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Frustrations posting to this forum

i can confirm the jumping focus. if you start to type before the window is fully loaded the focus jumps to the "message tags" field and you are continuing to type there. very annoying.

did not see the other behavior you mentioned. using opera 10.63 on a vista machine.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

I wonder if all my problems are in fact focus jumping, it all depends on where the focus jumps to and then what key I hit next.  <focus jumped onto the "replying to" post at this point....>

Is this a new thing, or I have only just noted it?  Does this happen in other forums?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Two more things which I have encountered are:

1. It has happened thrice, I typed my whole of the message and clicked POST, but when I saw my reply in the thread, it was all in a single paragraph, without any line breaks or margins that I have left. I have to edit it, re format it to make it easily readable.
  2. Adding to it, when I click Edit Post, it simply takes me to the top of the same screen rather than taking to the edit post page. This has happened a lot of times...

Press the Like button (Thumb up) on the left side to thank and
please mark the Thread as solved if its solved...
K.S
Developer

I can also confirm the loss of focus in the middle of typing a response.

....just happened in the middle of typing this response... Smiley Happy

Developer

I have escalated the issue with the moving cursor.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Thanks Simon.

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

I can definitely confirm the losing focus.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer

KerriB (Community Manager) wrote:

We'll look into it and let you know when we have an update for you

@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Just noted in another Thread that I lost focus and the "Autosaved at" time came up at the same time.  Related?  I think so.  Can we turn autosave off.  And happened just then too....