Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Generate an application with non-english alphabetic characters

Hi,

I have tried to generate an application with non-english alphabetic characters like french and spanish but builds fail to be created. We are getting I/O Error: Invalide UTF-8 encoding.

Is it possible to do so?

Regards,

Krmlkr. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Generate an application with non-english alphabetic characters

[ Edited ]

Hello Krmlkr,

This error message is likely the result of the rapc command displaying a compilation error when the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file contains characters that fall outside of the UTF-8 character set.This issue typically occurs for developers who wish to display a localized name under the application icon on the home screen.

Ensure that all content saved within the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file falls under the UTF-8 character set.

Localizing the name of application can be accomplished via the Locale Resources section of the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml file and standard localization techniques. Please feel free to reference the LocalizationDemo sample application as well.

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Generate an application with non-english alphabetic characters

Thanks James,

Is it possible to set the localized name to application? When I tried to set localized name and compiled the application I got I/O Error...

Please suggest....!!!

Regards,

Krmlkr