Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Getting an Error Message While Trying to post text on Facebook

Hi All,

I have integrated my application with facebook and it was workiing quite well but now it showing an error message as "Could not find proper transport descriptor" when trying to post the data.

Can any one help me to understand this issue and to resolved it.

Thank you

warm regards
Mohammed Aziz
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting an Error Message While Trying to post text on Facebook

What transport options have you allowed for the Facebook API?  What transport option is the rest of the app using?

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel

Hey Peter ,

I am using the Strawberry open source code for integrating my FB.

i.e the one available under this link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/facebook-bb-sdk/files/FacebookBlackBerrySDK-0.8.25-bin.zip/download

The app works perfectly fine on a wi-fi ,  but on a BIS in India ,  i am not able to pass through the FB permission phase.

I am stuck badly from weeks on this page. Do u have a fix for this?

Developer

As I understand it, Facebook transport options are specified by this line

protected int[] preferredTransportTypes = .....

in Facebook.java.  So you need to set this correctly for your chosen transport options.  You also need to enable BIS-B for the Connection Factory using the information provided RIM when they approved your application for BIS-B access. 

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel

yes, i have done that.

i have added BIS-B just next to wifi in the array decleration.

that is why the FB works on BIS also.

But my problem is , the first time , when we navigate to the FB permission screen, and clicking 

in "Allow" does not work , when i am on BIS

Highlighted
Developer

There is a difference between being on BIS and using BIS-B communication method.  Having on phnone on BIS does not immeidately give you BIS-B in your application (for Facebook or anything else).  And there are problems with Data communications with carrier in India, search the forum for various references to Airtel and Vodafone restricting access to Carrier TCP in India.

Anyway to progress this further we will need to know what connection method Facebook is actually using and what error you are actually seeing - just telling us "does not work" is not very useful.  .

Once you have this, I suggest you start a new Thread since this is not the same problem as was reported by the OP in this Thread.