Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Reply
Developer
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎10-30-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

Hi all,

 

I am very new to web services.

I developing an application for BB 4.5 version. I using a webservcies to get data from a asp.net server.

I converted the wsdl using WTK 2.1.

Now while trying to call a services I am getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server." error message.

But I am not able to debug exactly where this error is.

I noticed one thing in the response that one of the element is empty and it is "<Reference />.

Can this be the reason of the error?

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Developer
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

i am in the same boat as you.. have you been able to resolve your issue?

 

i have not been able to find any documentation on implementing jsr 172 on blackberry.. if anyone has located a tutorial, please post a link

 

RIM needs to get on this and provide support for bb developers

Developer
Posts: 587
Registered: ‎01-19-2010
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

I don't have much experience with jsr 172, i'm afraid. I've been drowning in kSOAP2 lately, though...

 

That said, my assumption based on the message above is that your response may be malformed -- or at least not in the form you expect. You may want to get a sniffer such as TCPMon or EtherDetect to see exactly how the response is built.

 

Hope that helps,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Developer
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

hi dom, thanks for the reply

 

i've already implemented ksoap2, but am looking to migrate to jsr172.. with ksoap2 you must write your own xml parsing, which tends to be a lot slower than the optimised jsr 172

 

also, w/ ksoap2 i had to write my own connection classes, whereas w/ jsr172, i think it's not necessary

Developer
Posts: 587
Registered: ‎01-19-2010
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

I didn't say that kSOAP2 was the "be all end all". Being completely new to web services, that's just the first thing I found, and it's what I learned on. I only discovered jsr 172 a few weeks ago, but I haven't needed to use it. As such, I'm afraid I can't really be of use in that regard.

 

Good luck,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
New Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-04-2010
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: Tico

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

Hello!!

I've the same problem, I get a SaxParseException in the return SOAP message from the server.

 

Can anybody help me, please???

 

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-04-2010
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: Tico

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

Hello!!

 

I solved my problem.

It was a permission problem on the server.

 

Byee!!!

Highlighted
New Developer
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎12-14-2009
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

Hi I am using the Tomcat Server with Apcache Axis2 (Web Services) running on it. When I access it from simulator (BB 5.0, 9550, Windows XP) I get the same SAXParser Exception. If I access it from the local browser I get the expected response. Another things that i would like to add are: > When I access from the browser using localhost/127.0.0.1 I get the response. > When I access from the browser using the system's IP address I get the error. > When I try to access from anyone other systems using the server's IP address, I get the error. > My server, simulator, other systems are part of a Domain. Can you please share, what kind of changes were done by you regarding the authorization settings.
Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-13-2011
My Device: bold - 9700
My Carrier: avea

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

i realized that this error also produced if the SOAP message contains some invalid character.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎02-22-2010
My Device: BlackBerry 9550
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Getting "SAXParseException in the return SOAP message from the server."

this problem is caused if the url is not properly formed with the ksoap stubs, like we need to modify the stubs according to bb device for eg. for wifi,bbsid , etc

Swapnil G.