Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Give me suggestions

I am New to this Java.

Can any one suggest the steps to improve the Java Development skills.

Tellme the Links, Notes, Core fundamentals need for Developing BlackBerry application in the Java Platform.

What are all requirments for developing BlackBerry in JDE?

My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Give me suggestions

as there is no similar thread in this forum (as far as i know, correct me if i am wrong) i suggest this one:
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Give me suggestions

[ Edited ]

The best thread that I am aware of in this forum is:

I like Simon's suggestion better. 

The one other point that I would make, is that the BlackBerry environment is not, in my opinion, the best environment to learn Java and related (object oriented) skills.  If you don't know Java at all, pick up a normal Java book, and review the first few chapters.  If you can pick up a book about J2ME that would be even better, because it will not cover loads of stuff that is in standard Java, but is not implemented on the BlackBerry.  But there is no BlackBerry specific book that I am aware of that will take a non Java programmer through the basics that they need to develop on the BlackBerry using the BlackBerry specific API.

Message Edited by peter_strange on 09-09-2008 10:30 AM