Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: Global Events and Global Event Listeners doesn't work!!!

gyubok wrote:

If an instance is always running, wouldn't that have huge impact on batter life? Is that how all the other apps do it? Have the app run on background?

Don't worry - there are many applications constantly running on BlackBerry and the battery life is still OK.

The design of your application makes a huge impact on that - if you let the phone go into low power mode for long periods of time (meaning have blocking calls in all your Threads, very rarely executed TimerTasks and listening methods such as eventOccurred), you should be in good shape.

please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
My Device: BlackBerry torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Global Events and Global Event Listeners doesn't work!!!

I am facing the same problem...related to blocking of application...through a third party application (running in background).

For auto startup- you can see main functions of "MyApp: class on the given following link.

Please can any one help....how to restrict the invocation of BB applications when they come to startup.

My link is: