Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: The Unofficial Guide to Amsterdam for DevCon Europe

Eugen wrote:

There is no 4th metro line in Amsterdam. you probably mentioned 51th metro line (there are 4 metro lines - 50, 51, 53, 54 - I don't know why).

Oops, I meant to say metro 51 OR tram 4. Fixed.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Re: Going BlackBerry DevCon Europe? Let's meet up!

[ Edited ]

A quick update on the current conditions in NL as of Saturday, noon:

We are experiencing some (for this country) extremely cold weather coupled with 10cm of snow. Last night temperatures dropped to -23 degrees centigrade / -9 fahrenheit. Today is -6C / 21F. The outlook for monday-wednesday: around -10C/14F at night, -4C/25F by day. Little or no more snow is expected.

The cold weather has wreaked havoc with the trains, with long delays and many cancellations. More info here. Flights to and from Amsterdam Schiphol airport are also affected. More info here. Metro and trams are running as normal.

Make sure you bring warm clothes!

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I'll be there too.

Hope to meet a lot of you.

Though I'm probably running over all places, trying to get to all my meetings and sessions.

Enjoy all.

See you tuesday, wednesday.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Thanks for the tips Jon!!

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

MSohm wrote:

For those who weren't able to get into all sessions you were interested in because they were full, we are looking to repeat some of the sessions.  Vote for the ones you are interested in here:

http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150580606144054/?qa_ref=ssp

Hello,

don't forget to vote !

I just chose DEV301 about webworks.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha B + PlayBook
My Carrier: O2 UK

I'll be there! Looking forward to it - hope the heating in the Conference Centre is working!! Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help fellow forum users! Please remember to click "Like" on helpful posts.
If a post solves your problem click "Mark as solution"
Developer

[ Edited ]

Update, Sunday, noon:

• The weather remains the same - bitterly cold (-15C to -5C) but no more snow: clear skies & sunshine. Forecast is for this weather to continue until the end of the week. With wind-chill it can feel like -20C at night. Pack warm clothes & shoes!
  • The national train schedule for Sunday and Monday has been "adjusted", with trains running half as frequently. Expect minor delays but many cancellations. International high-speed trains should be running, but may also have delays, especially to Germany. No news yet about Tuesday and onwards. Details here.
  • Amsterdam Schiphol airport is operating normally, but many flights from the UK and France are delayed or cancelled due to conditions there.
  • Trams and metro are running normally.

Check out the Unofficial Guide To Amsterdam for DevCon Europe, and travel safely!

Developer
My Device: Z10

We are in Den Haag right now and it is quite funny to see how so little snow can make such mess ;-)

Thanks for warning about trains. On Saturday we had to switch from train to bus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I leave tomorrow at 5 AM in Belgium, hoping for a smooth transit though since I have an appointment at 10 AM.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

To bump on Jon's proposition, it will be nice to meet with all people who are interested in music on the PlayBook, there are not many musical (as in musical instruments) applications on the PlayBook, and it would be great if we could meet to talk about the subject.

I will arrive at DevCon on Tuesday morning, see you there!

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass