Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

HTML/CSS Files Storing on Blackberry

Hi,

I want to know whether the HTML/CSS files can be stored on the device and can it be used for reading & editing purpose?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: HTML/CSS Files Storing on Blackberry

I don't see why you couldn't store html files and css files on the SD card and edit them in a basic edit field and display them with a BrowserField.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But I want to save the ebook and user can read & bookmark the same.

Will this be possible?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

You could try adding a ScrollListener to your BrowserField and when the user exits the application you could save how far they scrolled.

When they come back into the application just scroll to the point they left off and there you have a bookmark. You could also use the same functionality to have the user set their own bookmarks.

Mind you, this is my suggestion but others may be able to give you ideas.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful