Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Developement

HTML attachments show up as inline HTML when sent from device.

I have created a Blackberry application which sends email with an HTML attachment. My problem is while sending this attachement through device it goes as inline content and not as an attachment.

It seemed like a problem with my application but i cant send any emails with HTML attachments. They all show up as inline HTML content.

It used to work fine two days ago.

I am from India and working on Vodafone and Airtel service providers. Any idea why this could be happening?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HTML attachments show up as inline HTML when sent from device.

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Are you sending the emails using the BlackBerry Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server?  How are you reading the messages?  Are you viewing them on another BlackBerry Smartphone?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Hey Mark,

We are experiencing the same issue on a co-workers device.  He is using the BlackBerry Internet Service.  His phone is a 9850 and the version is 7.0.0.374.  The email is sent to a Lotus Notes user.

Update:  I tested on my phone which is a 9670 and the verison is 6.0.0.522.  I usd the BlackBerry Enterprise Service and the html was sent as an attachment.

Thanks,

Mark Benge

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mark,

swapnilkulkarni is my colleague and I am answering on his behalf.

We are using Blackberry 8520 Curve with OS 5.0.0.1036 (Platform 5.2.0.104)

We are working on BIS.

Viewing experience is same regardless of platform. Be it a BB device or anywhere else, attachments show up as inline HTML.

As Swapnil has already mentioned above, we are located in India and confirmed this behavior on Vodafone and Airtel services.
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I tried to reproduce this using the sample below, but was unable to.  Can you give it a try and compare the results to what you are seeing with your application?

Create an attachment

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for replying. I have exactly same code in my application and I am pretty much this code snippet will also give me same problem. I'll try it out none the less.

I dont think there's anything wrong with the code. If I try sending
an HTML attachment from native BB email client, it gives the same problem. (Even when my application is not installed on the device.)

My app used to work just fine a week ago. I tested my app's older and stable versions but now they started giving the same problem as well.