Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

HTTP 302 Taking Long Time with BrowserField

Hi

I have a BB application running on RIM 6.0 that uses a BrowserFieldcontrol to display web content.  When connecting to the corporate intranet through MDS all works well unless the server that it connects to (a Microsoft SharePoint server) instigates several 302 redirects.  The server is doing this because it is getting the user to enter authenticaiton/login details.  The problem is that the first couple of redirects work fine and run fast but from about the 3rd redirect it takes about 60 seconds for the device to get a response.  Looking in the MDS logs it really appears to be a delay on the device side because the ReceivedFromDevice-SentToServer-ReceivedFromServer-SentToDevice cycle in the log is all as expected (e.g. fast).  My software code has no issue - there's no delays in the source.  So somewhere between the BrowserField and MDS there is a significant delay after the first couple of 302 redirects. 

Just to be clear, when testing accessing this site from the device browser all is well.  The only clues I have are:

- The BrowserField has limited capabilities such as no support for cookies

- The SharePoint server initially returned 403 forbidden until I changed the HTTP AGENT request header to being the same as device browser

- 302 appear to work when I test them independently against a local IIS server used with the BB device/MDS Simulator

Bit stumped.  Has anyone comeacross issues relating to delays in 302 redirects and using the BB BrowserField control?

James