Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook/Bold9900
My Carrier: N/A

HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large and SocketBaseIOException

[ Edited ]

My post is about two messages RIM declares as BIS/BES behaviour for TCP/HTTP network connections in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/HTTP-413-Request-Entity-Too-Large/ta-p/44598... Here they are:

1. For HTTP: HTTP 413 - Request Entity Too Large

2. For TCP: SocketBaseIOException with text message "Exceeded the limit of number of bytes allowed per connection"

We have been testing BIS in many cointries/carriers and could never reproduce behaviour described in aforementioned article. We also couldn't reproduce such behaviour using BES 5.0 and devices with RIM OS 6.0 and higher. Whichever value we set Maximum KB/Connection limit setting of MDS-CS, BES doesn't not cause either TCP connection interrupt or HTTP 413 response code.

Out of curiosity we also tried to play with MDS simulator setting "IPPP.connection.MaxNumberOfKBytesToSend" (not sure it is exactly replica of mentioned BIS/BES connection limit). Anyways, playing with this value we noticed that the only thing it is causing is MDS starts breaking TCP packets into packets of a size of value we set in IPPP property.However MDS doesn't interrupt connection as RIM declares.

Could anyone please help with this? Could anyone ever reproduce connection interruption RIM declares by either BES or BIS?

Thank you in advance, Ivan