Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

HTTP 500 error when accessing .jad link

Hi 

getting HTTP 500 internal server error when accessing .jad link to download application.

how solve this issue

Developer

Re: HTTP 500 error when accessing .jad link

Have you reviewed HTTP return codes - what does the 500 mean.

Have you put in the MIME types so the Server can processor the jad and cod file types correctly?

Developer

[ Edited ]

MIME Types are already set correctly

This is wat one user gets on clicking details of error

Java.io.IOException : Resource could not be found   url/codename – 1 – cod:    307 – Temporary Redirect 

but the same download url is working fine on my devices

I am using wifi connection

Developer

Can you confirm that the cod file has been 'unzipped', and the ....-1.cod file is included on the Server?

I suspect this issue may have something to do with the different Browser's in use.  To make sure your downloads are compatible with all levels of Browser, you should unzip any cod files that contain siblings cod files.

Search the forum (and elsewhere) for information on siblings cod files if this term is new to you. 

Developer

I have already unziped and there are total 24 .cod files
And all files are in server, and I am able to download the app
Developer

[ Edited ]

So what differences are there between the users who can and the users who can't download the app?

Browser/OS level?

Carrier?

Connection (WiFi or non WiFi)

Developer

They have 5ois, but I have tested on 5 os and it's working
Will d browser, carrier connection can play a role in that?
Developer

"I have tested on 5 os and it's working"

Sorry but I must be missing something here.  You seem to be saying "it works on my OS 5 device so it must therefore work on all OS 5 devices"?  But the evidence you have is that it does not work on all devices.  So how do you explain that?

From what I can see you have tested on a WiFi device.  The problems you are seeing are NOT on WiFi.  Is that perhaps a hint that the problem is related to the communication method in use?  I don't know because I don't have all the information you have.  But logically when attempting to resolve an issue like this, determining what the differences are between the working and non working systems would appear to be the correct way forward here.  That is what I am attempting to get you to do.

Do you have another strategy?  If so, please suggest it. 

"Will d browser, carrier connection can play a role in that?"

May do, I've seen things like this before.  I've also seen OS levels effect things like this.  But that doesn't mean it is either of these, it just means we have to investigate both these options.  Or more accurately, you do. 

Developer

Hi Here are few information that I have

The people who reporeted the issue, using BB 8520'

and one user has v5.0.0.1036

and he is using BB browser

Developer

I said

".. when attempting to resolve an issue like this, determining what the differences are between the working and non working systems would appear to be the correct way forward here.  That is what I am attempting to get you to do."

So what are the differences between this and users for which the process is working? 

One option is that you could create a table including the OS level, the carrier, the phone type, the connection method and anything else that you think might be relevant, and fill this in for a number of users for which the process is working and a number of users for which it is not.