Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Help getting ready to re-install Windows and JDE.

[ Edited ]
Hello,
I have a question before I reinstall Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1 installed currently. I have my  3 code signing keys (*.csi) in my C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE [version]\bin directory. Searching the forum, I need to backup the sigtool.csk, sigtool.db and sigtool.set. Searching for the files, in the \bin directory I have the *.csi's and SignatureTool.jarI did find the sigtool.set in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin folderI cannot find the sigtool.csk or sigtool.db file anywhereI have not found much info on searching via Google eitherI have enabled show hidden files.

Any help would be appreciated in knowing what I need to back up before I reinstall Windows.
Thanks.
--dave
Message Edited by thechin on 12-22-2008 08:50 PM
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Help getting ready to re-install Windows and JDE.

[ Edited ]

Backup from JDE/bin folder the following files:

All *.csi files

sigtool.csk

sigtool.db

It is enough.

sigtool.csk and sigtool.db were created in JDE/bin folder  when you registered your received csi keys and specified your signing password for the first time during registration process.

If you did not register your received csi files - check this link

SignatureTool.jar is a part of JDE and it will be installed later with JDE.

sigtool.set - is a settings file for SignatureTool.jar, it manages columns width when SignatureTool is running. It is not necessary to backup this file.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 23-12-2008 06:00 AM
New Developer

tbilisoft,

Thanks for the info.  I have already registered the keys via double clicking on them.  I am able to use them when signing a pproject with no problem.  I cannot locate these twofiles.. sigtool.csk,  sigtool.db.

I have looked everywhere.  I tryed to use the example you posted and It startsoff saying "The signature tool has already been registered with the signer". If I contiune, I get "unable to register.....because they have exhausted their registration attempts".  Again everything works good, I just want to reinstall vista due to some problems and wanting to backup the key files.  Thanks for your help.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

That's very strange.

Usually these files are located in JDE/bin folder.

Have you tried file search on disk? I do not mean windows search - it sometimes does not find files properly.

Try to use for search file manager, for example: Far Manager

To run search click on Alt-F7 in running application.

In general the most important are *.csi files and if .db and *.csk files are lost - you can re-register again.

Just input password you set in the first registration and these files will be created again.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

If you continue to have issues please contact devsupport@rim.com who can have a replacement set of csi files sent to you that you can use to reinstall your signature keys.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer

Hit the Start Menu, type 'cmd' in the search box and hit enter

When at the prompt type:

cd \

...then enter, then type:

dir /s sigtool.*

...then enter, and wait... if they exist on your drive, you'll see the full paths.