Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Help on Error 104

Hi All,

I am building an application which has list of selectable Items. when the item is selected, that perticular new screen is pushed.

following is the code

protected boolean navigationClick(int status, int time)
       {
            int selected = _listField.getSelectedIndex();

ItemInfoScreen screen     = (ItemInfoScreen) _listScreen.elementAt(selected);

UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushScreen(screen);       
           return super.navigationClick(status, time);

}

I have created all the screens before and addElement into _listScreen Vector. I am trying to display the perticular screen when user clicks on the list item.

When the user clicks on the item i get

Error 104 Uncaught:RuntimeException Scroll for available commands

if i create the new ItemInfoScreen inside navigationClick() method it works fine. I am unable to understand what is going wrong here.

Please help me on this. This is my first blackbeery application and have gone through lots of tutorials to get so much working.

Thanks,

Abilash

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help on Error 104

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I think it is almost impossible for someone to give you an explanation and resolve your problem with the information supplied.

The best thing to do is to replicate this problem on the Simulator.  Then the debugger will actually stop and the error point and you will be able to see it immediately.

If this is not possible, then the next best thing is to debug on device, in other words connect your device to the development environment and debug directly.  Search here and you find information on how to do on device debugging. 

If you can't  do this, then look in the debug log on the device and in there you should find a stack trace.  This will at least tell you whereabouts in the program the failure occurred.  To see the log on device, go to the Home screen, press and hold ALT, then press L, then G, then L, then G.  Do this immediately after you have a problem and then scroll the log to look for an entry from your application.

Good luck. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

try this.. when u are pushing the screen in navigationClick method...

UiApplication.getUiApplication().invokeLater(new Runnable() {

UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushScreen(screen); 

});

This may prevent the 104 error in ur code

Developer

Interesting idea, but note that navigationClick is usually run with the EventLock, so this should not change the result you see.  But it won't hurt!

Highlighted
Developer

ya... i had seen pushing on main event thread created problems for me in the past... so doing it in new runnable worked.

it works fine for me.

it'll be good to know if it worked or didnt work .. or what worked for you abilashn03