Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Help please - Signing Keys

Hello everybody,

I've just found out that the Signing Key request process takes up to 48 hours or more - yes, my bad, never thought it isn't automated.

Unfortunately, I've got a live demo presentation for the application I've been working on, in about 12 hours.

I'm asking if there is anyone willing to help me out on this, please. I'm prepared to pay with a gift on PayPal, to get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

Of course, I'll have my own keys purchased but since it takes this long, I'll miss the presentation and I'll be pretty much canned, unless anyone can help me out on this.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Mike

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Re: Help please - Signing Keys

Sorry to hear that! I ran into the same situation sometime back. Requesting RIM to expedite the process didn't help at all -- it took about 40 hours to get the keys. So I ended up giving the demo using a simulator. If you can do the same, it is something to consider since you don't have much choice. I am not sure anybody who fully understands the reason behind code signing will be willing to sign it for you -- unless they know exactly what your code is doing. Moreover, it is not a recommended practice.

I learnt the hard way. Smiley Happy

All the best!