Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Horizontal and vertical scrolling doesn't work at same time for touch devices.

Friends,

I am developing a Table with freezed row header in Blackberry os 6.0.0 for Torch.

My requirement is table should scroll vertically as well as horizontally. But the table header row should not scroll vertically with table data. Whereas table data ans header row should scroll horizontally.

I am facing the a problem that if more data is there in the table then it scrolls vertically only. Not horizontally.

But if data is less then it scrolls horizontally.

The problem seems with using 2 managers one for vertical scrolling and one for horizontal scrolling.

Please do suggest me to fulfill my requirements.

For achieving this I have done the coding in following way.

1. Flow field manager for header

2. Flow Field manager for table data.

3. Horizontal manager which wont scroll.

4. Vertical manager which will scroll only horizontally. And added header flow manager in it.

5. One Vertical field manager which will scroll vertically to scroll the data table.

6. Added table data flow field manager in 5.

7. Added (5th point) that vertical field manager in (4th point) vertical field manager

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Horizontal and vertical scrolling doesn't work at same time for touch devices.

hello,

please follow these steps::

1. One main verticalFieldmanager with Display with and height.(set style NO_VERTICAL_SCROLL and NO_HORIZONTAL_SCROLL).
  2. One MainHorizontalFiledManager with Display with and height(set style HORIZONTAL_SCROLL)
    Number of verticalFielfManager which is describe your table column;.set style VERTICAL_SCROLL )
  3. now and components one by one in these column verticalField Manager.

for e.g.

first comonent add in FirstVerticalManager

second comonent add in secondVerticalManager

third comonent add in thirdVerticalManager

and so on.

Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: devel

Re: Horizontal and vertical scrolling doesn't work at same time for touch devices.

hi,
you cannot add field with size larger than the size of the screen when adding an HorizontalFieldManager inn VerticalFIeldManager
Developer

Thanks Krishna for your suggestion.

But if I use vertical managers, then I need to handle the navigation moment to move focus properly at left righ, top and bottom. For that purpose I have used Flow field mgr.

Also please note that The same code is working fine for trackpad versions on trackpad navigations.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

you want to move scroll on touch event ??
Developer

No I don't want to scroll on the touch event. As I have used managers and fields with their HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL scroll properties the device should take care to scroll. But it is not happening when two managers are used. one for horizontal scroll and another for vertical scroll. Only one either horizontal or vertical is working at a time. I need both.