Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How To Get Cell Tower Info (Cell ID,LAC, ...) from CDMA BB phones?

Oh, I thought from your post above that you were able to get it to work with the values that you supplied.  Honestly this horrible location API is really holding BlackBerry back.  More and more people are looking for context based services that can tell them the quickest way from where they are to what they need.

Anyways, I know that all of you know that, I'm just really frustrated with the lack of resources when it comes to location.  If Google can do it, there's got to be a way for us to! 

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How To Get Cell Tower Info (Cell ID,LAC, ...) from CDMA BB phones?

A little off topic, but I have been working on the project www.iblipped.com, that was basically designed to capture signal strengths and map them with gps coordinates.  This data is getting uploaded from various blackberry users across the country. One piece of information we are collecting is the sid,nid, and bid.  I'm currently working on creating maps overlays into google maps for sid , nid, and the bid.  I suppose if the database gets big enough, then this database information could be used for converting bid to approximate gps coordinates.

one part that I'm still struggling with is the encoding of the BID.    The closest I get to the encoding of the BID is this:

http://www.telebeans.org/telco/towers/faq/technical.html#cdma_base_id, but my sample set doesn't really work out.

Anyone konw how to decode a verizon BID?