Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How can I read installed application's raw data?

The last time, I asked about "How I can access installed application's raw data? quote unquote, Can I read installed applications's .cod file?" ( http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=7160#M7160 )

The answer was "No, there are no methods for reading the raw data of installed cod files.".

I work for security solution company. Recently, my company considering a expansion of mobile anti-virus solution to Blackberry area. Because, attacks to J2ME-based smartphone are being increased.

I tested VirusGuard of SMobile on Blackberry. VirusGuard scanning whole installed application. For example, 'net_rim_bb_application_permiss', 'net_rim_bb_docvie', .... and etc.

So, Is there any kinds of argrement for access application's .cod files? 
If not, How SMobile can access these modules?

Do I should contract to RIM as a signed application?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How can I read installed application's raw data?

Signing an application does not give you access to the cod file data.  It is possible to list all modules on the device.

I can't say what this application is doing, but can verify that there are no public BlackBerry APIs that allow you to read the contents of a cod file.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker