Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How do I remove applications from simulator?

When I go to options->advanced options->applications, the application I have been developing does not show up for me to remove. However it is definitely on the system. This would not be a problem if I could load in my new builds. When I do File->Load Java Program, and point it at my new build, the simulator may be rejecting it because I do not see my updated app, I see the first one that I loaded. Any suggestions? I am new to BB dev.

Thanks,

Tony

Developer

Re: How do I remove applications from simulator?

[ Edited ]

What application are you talking about??If your application which you upload directly you can remove the cod files in home directory blackberry.,

For example if your name application is "TheApp"., you use 4.5.0 version of blackberry you must remove:

1.TheApp-1.debug

2.TheApp-2.debug

3.TheApp-3.debug

4.TheApp.alx

5.TheApp.cod =>it's the most important thing you must remove

6.TheApp.csl

7.TheApp.cso

8.TheApp.debug

9.TheApp.jad

10.TheApp.jar

in "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\simulator" ==>it's Blackberry Home directory simulator.,And Don't "Build" "TheApp" again from your IDE...

The most Important thing you must remove is "COD files"

If another application..you must go to .. Options-Advanced Options-Aplications-And chose The Application which you want to remove - Click Menu Button and choose Delete..

Thanks

Asri

Message Edited by AsriDwitiya on 09-01-2008 10:06 PM
Message Edited by AsriDwitiya on 09-01-2008 10:14 PM
Message Edited by AsriDwitiya on 09-01-2008 10:17 PM
New Developer

Ah, thank you.  I just found it strange you could not remove the uploaded app from the BB interface.
Developer

In Simulator you can't remove directly from your blackberry interface,,but in real device i'm quite sure you can do it!!!!In case you use desktop manager to upload your application but if you use JavaLoader for upload your application you can't remove your application directly.,you must use command prompt...

Thanks..

Asri

New Developer

Hello, I have a similar problem... I want to remove my (broken) app from the simulator. I am using the simulator directly and not using the JDE. From the simulator (in this case "4.2.1.96 (8100-ATT)") I use File/Load Java Program... and specify a COD file from one of my own build directories (not under Program Files/RIM because I use rapc to convert my pre-built JAD+JAR into a COD).

I quit the simulator, removed the COD file et al (incld. the debug-1 etc.) from where I built it. When I rerun the simulator it still sees my application (and will run the application producing the same verification error). However, I do not understand since I removed the COd file from the filesystem.

Leads me to suspect the simulator copies the file somewhere.  However, I cannot find it under the simulators directory, under the JDE directory or under the "Program Files/Commom.../RIM/..." directories either.

Any help in removing the COD would be great.

Mike

Developer

Try also removing the *.dmp files in the Simulator directory.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Running the clean.bat file that is located in the simulator directory will remove all third party and simulator generated files and reset the BlackBerry Simulator back to its initial state.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

If you want to remove only selective application from Device Simulator then

from "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE X.X.X\simulator"delete following files

AppName.cod, AppName.cso, AppName.debug(and AppName-X.debug ,if exists), AppName.jar, and four DMP files of related BB device like

In case of Curve 8800--> 8800-as.dmp, 8800-nv.dmp, 8800-sdcard.dmp, 8800-fs.dmp.

And if you want to remove all third party applications from Device Simulator then run "clean.bat", will reset 

your simulator to its initial state with no third party applications. "clean.bat" can be found in simulator directory.

Raks
New Developer

I think you can also use this way : Options>Advanced Options >Applications>Modules(Menu) and delete file related to your application
Developer

BBDev, in my experience, your method does not work, by itself, in the simualtor.

raksat's post explains the process I use for selective removal of applications.