Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Phone
My Carrier: verizon

How do you give away quantities of paid apps as prizes in a promotion?

if you would like to give away a larger quantity of apps, say 50 as a nice round number, what is the process?  I am assuming there is a prize code you give to each winner- but how do you get these, how do you pay for them, how do you distribute, etc.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do you give away quantities of paid apps as prizes in a promotion?

Are you a developer or giving away app licenses for a developer?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Phone
My Carrier: verizon

Giving away for a client. I actually work at a marketing agency and we are trying to figure out if it is possible to distribute selected apps to contest winners.  I appreciate your help!

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Your client, if they're a developer likely know the answer to the question already.

We'll get this thread moved over to the Developer section of the forum where someone will be able to answer your question more precisely.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Assuming we are talking about App World distributed apps here, the process to 'give away' licenses will vary depending on the license process used for each app.  App World supports a number of different licensing models, and even within this, developers will use variations.  So I think the short answer is it depends on the application(s) you want to give away. 

However if someone came to me and said "I will pay for 50 copies of your app as long as you can support a way for giving them away", I would probably say "OK, I'll tell you what to do".  So, in your position, I would look for something you want to give away, and then contact the developer.  I'm sure that whoever they are, they will try to help you.

Alternatively, you might be able to contact App World about providing a 'token', but I have never seen this as a payment method on App World.  I will PM you an email address for App World if you want to try this approach.   

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I would be interested in this too.

Being able to give a copy of your App away to be reviewed, or to contest winners.

Obviously you wouldnt want to send them the cod files to install themselves. You would want it done through app world. Is it possible.

For a static paid license.
Developer
My Device: Z10

So, nobody knows :-(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development