Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Blackberry

How to Encapsulate two jad files in one jad file

How to encapsulate two jad files in one jad file to download via OTA? OR we have to make seperate links of each App. Actually i have two Apps which communicates via messaging and i want to get these downoad via single link.

Thanks 
Farhan Habib

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to Encapsulate two jad files in one jad file

I do this by hand, though there is an updatejad utility provided - if you search round you will find documentation for it.

However be aware if you do this, not only will the apps be installed together they will be removed together as well. 

Regarding doing it by hand, the important lines identify the cod URL and its size.  Say you have two jad files called A.jad and B.jad.  Using a text edittor, create a C.jad and copy A.jad in.  Then edit B.jad, and extract all the lines which identify the RIM COD URL and the size, for example:

RIM-COD-URL: com_sample_myapp.cod
RIM-COD-Size: 9220

Add these lines to C.jad

Then you should be able to use C.jad to install both. 

Contributor

I tried but never find updatejad utility, And if i go to manually merge both A & B in C then only your mentioned lines should be copied?
because there is also other info in jad file i.e RIM-COD-SHA1-10, RIM-MIDlet-NameResourceBundle-1 etc
Kindly guide me as i stuck on this issue since many weekends.

Thanks
Farhan Habib

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

The ones I mentioned should be copied.  If you want to copy the SAH-1 lines, then please do, I will do that so that they can be used to check the download.  AFAIK, the other ones are not needed. 

You should be able to find updatejad in the bin directory of the location your Eclipse has stored the component pack in, for example, I found it in:

C:\BBEclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.1.0_7.1.0.10\components\bin

Contributor

Yes I did it by hand and also tried to use UpdateJad utility, but both never worked for me, if i dowload the manually merged Jad file then it is stopped after some download and returns error that "907 invalid cod file TCP error", on the other hand if i download the Jad file which is merged through UpdateJad utility then only single file is downloaded.
So please guide me that what could be the problem is?

Developer

There are many possible reasons for the 907, so it is little difficult to comment.  I suggest you post the two source jads, the jad you created and the jad created by UpdateJad, and we can review.